Thursday, 17 January 2013

Condolence cards.


I don't really enjoy making condolence cards so I only make them when I need to. I have had to make three this last week for my husband's side of the family.
This first one is a stamped and sponged card using Theresa Momber's  heron from her set 'Follow your dreams'  for Gina K Designs combined with flora from 'Meadow Breeze'  by Inkylicious.
Theresa has her own site -  Crafting the Web



These next two  are using stamps again from Theresa Momber (I love her designs). Both flowers are from her set 'Elegant Florals'.  I  coloured them in using copic makers.  I drew some extra leaves with Copic Multi Liner on the first card and on the second cut out the bird of paradise and adhered it over the top of the spray of foliage. These were left in the oval die after being cut and embossed then sponged around the edge using  Jumbo spongers and Memento Ink Pads. I do love that Bird of Paradise image but my goodness I found it really difficult to colour :)


Thanks for looking in today; hopefully tomorrow I shall have some happier cards to show.

6 comments:

  1. Ho Kat! Saw your post on StampNation and thought I would check out your blog :) I think you did a beautiful job on your sympathy cards. I need to make some this week, myself. Yours have given me some inspiration

    CarrieT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat your cards are just beautiful! You color amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat - Your cards are beautiful. The coloring is perfect. TFS!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH smashing great cards for those who are grieving - these are genuinely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie, Kristie, Sue and Rosy for your lovely comments.Not my favourite cards to make- normally I keep them CAS but felt like doing something a bit different this week. xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)