Tuesday, 18 June 2013

ACK!! Black??

Challenge hostess Dini came up with a crackerjack  Mix-Ability challenge on SCS this last week - ACK!! Black??  - 3 different ways to shade a stamped image using black only. I chose the third option - Create a background then stamp a line image over it and fill in the outline with black to create a silhouette.
Sentiment added and I think it now looks more balanced...... The colour is much truer too :)

 

This is the image I used :
Iris by Personal Impressions 

I made my background by pouncing  three different alcohol inks, using felt on blocks, onto white glossy card . Then I stamped my iris image with black StazOn. This was then coloured in with a black Copic pen. I let this dry thoroughly then using a crackleglaze background stamp with white pigment ink stamped over the top. The white baker's twine was  partially coloured using a purple Copic pen. The image was mounted onto the card with dimensionals. I haven't added a sentiment yet, I was more interested in learning a new technique.

White glossy card,  Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock- Soothing Heather, Stamps: Personal Impressions - Iris, IndigoBlu Crackleglaze Background. Inks:  StazOn Jet Black, Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Raisin, Purple Twilight, Silver Mixative and Snow Cap Pigment Ink, Copic Pens, Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution. Felt and blocks, white baker's twine and dimensionals.
Entered into the following challenges:
Make it Monday #145
Challenges 4 Everybody #22
SCS Mixability - Mix20
Through the Craft Room Door 18-24 June

 Have a great day stamping but get out and enjoy the sunshine too - while it lasts!
Kathy
If all else fails - eat chocolate

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, I saw your card on the MIM challenge and had to check it out. First, I LOVE purple! and your card is really striking. I have done the AI technique, but how interesting to add the crackle stamp in white onto it. I must try that sometime. And thanks for showing the "black" technique too. Will definitely try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! Your reaction to black is the same as mine! Lol! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at MIM! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Kathy?
    Thank you for joining us for our Through The Raftroom Door Challenge this time and GOOD LUCK.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous Iris! I love the silhouette look. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)