Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Elegant Florals

I so enjoyed making the background for my card yesterday I thought I would use the same method today.



This time I used a square Spellbinder's die to cut out and emboss some white card. Then I masked off the border with post it notes and block stamped some Frayed Burlap, Bundled Sage and Weathered Wood, (spritzed with water) onto the card. Some leaves from Hello Sunshine and the verse from Life is Good (both GKD) were stamped onto the background with Bundled Sage. I stamped the flower and sentiment from Elegant Florals with Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed with clear ep.   The image was coloured with a black Copic pen leaving some white parts for highlights.
I made a frame from embossed forest green textured card and mounted this on top of the image which was then attached to the mat with dimensionals.

Entered into the following challenges:
Stamp TV
Make it Monday
Challenges 4 Everybody
Old Back Porch
Through the Craft Room Door



Have a lovely evening.

Kathy
If all else fails - eat chocolate

4 comments:

  1. This card is splendiferous! I love that spritzed background. It looks terrific behind your silhouette image.

    I saw you on Make It Monday.
    Thanks for sharing your creativity with me!
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one came out amazing too. Really love this technique. The colors you chose for this card are awesome...I really like the two different textures of the same colored paper. Very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, saw your card on MIM and wanted to have a closer look, I love your distress ink bacground, great technique :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)