Friday, 14 June 2013

Is it Summer yet?

It certainly doesn't feel like it. Windy, dull and sooo cold for June. Feels more like March!
Over at SCS Vicki has a lovely colour combo for us this week. I received a Hampton Art Stamp recently called Pansies so thought I'd use this one today. Hopefully the cheerful colours will brighten us up til the sun decides to make an appearance!

I coloured the image using Copic Pens then used the Beyond the Border technique to place the pansies out of the frame using Spellbinders A2 matting Basics B die. The card was run through my Big Shot using Craft Concepts In Stitches embossing folder.  Part of the sentiment was popped up using dimensionals. The grosgrain ribbon was added before mounting on white card stock base.

Challenges entered:
SCS CC430 Delightful Olive Pear
SCS TLC433 Pop up part of the sentiment
Make it Monday #144



Hampton Art Stamps - Pansies, Sentiment GKD, Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Pens, Craft Concepts e f In Stitches GKD Grosgrain ribbon,Spellbinders A2 matting Basics B, dimensionals.


Kathy
If all else fails - eat chocolate

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Kathy, love the yellow and green combo and love the embossed background.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this card looks great. I love that technique. I'm going to need to try that. I rarely think to have something coming off the page like that. It really is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)