Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Vellum Flowers

This is a card I made today for a friend who is going through a particularly sticky patch in her life at the moment so if you have any spare positive vibes to send this way they will be surely welcome.

I made my background paper using alcohol inks.This was paper pierced and a sentiment added using Versamark and white embossing powder. I stamped the flower image twice on vellum, embossed in white and coloured using Memento and Ranger Distress Ink. I fussy cut the spray and mounted it to the background card using glue dots. I then cut out some individual flowers and attached them over the spray. A navy blue mat was added and they were popped up on dimensionals over a pale blue shimmer textured card - gems and baker's twine added to complete.


Glossy white, navy and Papermania shimmer textured card stock, vellum, Stamps - Dogwood and Butterfly -GKD, Paper Piercing Pack and piercing tool from SU!  felt and block, white embossing powder, Versamark, Adirondack Blending Solution, gems, baker's twine, Ranger Distress Inks-Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Memento Paris Dusk, Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Sailboat Blue, Raisin and Silver Mixative


Entered into the following challenges:
Make it Monday #145
Through the Class Room Door 18-24 June
SCS Colour Challenge CC313



Kathy
If all else fails - eat chocolate

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, thoughtful card! I popped by via MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card Kathy...wow. The vellum flowers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)