Friday, 12 July 2013

18th Birthday Card.

My husband's colleague has a daughter's 18th birthday coming up and asked me if I would make a card for her. I had made a card for her niece last year and something similar was required; similar tastes, hobbies, loves sun bathing etc - you get the picture. Isn't this the most difficult thing to do?  I must admit I struggled with the project but in the end I came up with this. Her favourite colours are purples and mauves. I also made an extra wide envelope box to hold it.



I do hope she likes it.

Card: Black and white pearlised card, Papermania Textured Cardstock - Soothing Heather Collection, computer generated sentiment and main image, grasses - GKD, Memento Tuxedo Black, Desert Sand, Canteloupe, Bahama Blue, Danube Blue. Adirondack Lights Aqua, Shell Pink. Rangers Distress Ink Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord.
Spellbinders Labels Eight, Tonic Ticket Punch, Cheery Lynn Chryanthemum Strip and Ivy Strip, Pearls, white baker's twine,
Card Box: Pink Petticoat Swiss Dots Lovely Lilac and Solid Shades - Lilac Bloom. ScorPal, SU! Edgelits Finishing Touches, Ribbon

Challenges entered:
Country View Crafts #5 - Summer Sizzler
SplitCoastStampers Color Challenge #CC386
Make it Monday #148
Challenges 4 Everybody #24
Crafting For All Seasons  #56- Bingo - Digi, Pearls and Flower
Through the Craft Room Door 9-15 July Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe #22 Anything Goes


Have a great day everyone, time to pick up the grandkiddies for the rest of the day.

Kathy
If all else fails - eat chocolate

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! What a great card. Thank you for joining us over at MIM. Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! I can feel the ocean breeze. lol You do such beautiful work.....love to look at your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty, Don't know why she wouldn't like it, I would love to receive something like this. Thanks for sharing at CFAS this week.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card & box. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for joining us at TCCCB
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love - come join us this week too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)